Alongside my overall life New Year’s Resolutions I decided to try something slightly different this year and make up some general beauty and hair resolutions! I seem to get stuck in a rut with my beauty routine and since starting working I find I have less and less time to experiment with my look. This year I’ve decided to set myself a challenge of trying out a few new things in 2013.
This post was inspired by a little competition that the hair tool brand Cloud Nine are holding at the moment. 5 people will win a Cloud Nine hair tool of their choice simply by sharing their #2013Hair Resolution!
1) Generally make more of an effort! I normally just wash my hair before bed, wake up with it kinky and go to work… this isn’t good enough (I mean, I should at least brush my hair!). I will make more of an effort to style it and keep it looking presentable.
2) I’m trying to get back to my natural hair colour as I’ve been dying it since I was 15, so I only want to get highlights once at the most this year. Not changing it’s colour will also help it become easier to manage and a lot healthier.
3) Experiment with styles. I’m pretty much nailed the kinky and fishtail look and occasionally wear a top knot (when I’m not feeling too self conscious about my face!) but these get boring easily to I want to try a few new hair styles (I’ve already been browsing Pinterest for inspiration).
Examples of my boring hair styles -
1) Wear my signature smokey eyes less and learn to feel more confident without my trusty eyeliner – this means going to work wearing just mascara and base products!
2) Swap up my daily makeup bag to try different items in my collection. I have a vast array of beautiful products just waiting to be used so I want to make the most out of my stash and swap up the products I use daily on a regular basis.
You can enter Cloud Nine’s competition by tweeting your resolution at @CloudNineC9 with the hashtag #2013Hair, entering on their Facebook page or by commenting on their blog! More details are here!
So they are my resolutions – what are yours?
Friday, 11 January 2013
My 2013 Hair Resolutions!
Posted by Katie S at 10:53